Research for Town Planning and Urban Development
We help you to attract more higher spending customers to your town centre.
Providing the correct retail mix to satisfy customer need is a key driver for town centre managers. Using accurate customer research, CARD Group is able to discover exactly what will attract more of the catchment area population in order to raise the level of spend in high streets and town centres. Providing the retail and service mix suited to the catchment area demographic will encourage shoppers to visit more frequently, stay for longer and spend greater amounts – rather than travelling to competing destinations to satisfy their needs.
Our experience and expertise ensures that we execute accurate visitor research projects to discover consumer insights such as:
– Who your visitors are and where they come from
– What your visitors think of your destination or attraction
– Why your visitors selected your destination or attraction
– Visitor expenditure
We can also pinpoint crucial shopper insights such as:
– Who your higher spending and most valuable visitors are
– How to attract more of these higher spending visitors.
These consumer insights have empowered our town centre management clients to develop marketing strategies to adapt to changing consumer needs and demands, to improve the customer experience and ultimately to increase revenue.
We also survey local businesses owners to discover their opinions, perceptions and needs.
Town planning research and survey services
Our town planning research and survey services provide a strong base for town centre projects. These include:
– Urban regeneration / urban renewal / urban development
– Environmental planning
– Residential planning
– Town centre regeneration
– Public and community consultation
– Stakeholder research
– Community planning
– Local economic development
– Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
Identify which are your most effective marketing strategies
– Find out who your shoppers are in comparison with your local catchment area. Who is visiting your town centre, and perhaps more importantly, who is not visiting.
– Discover who your most valuable shoppers are, where they live, how do they travel to the centre, how often they visit, where else do they spend and what do they buy, what is the most effective way to communicate with them and much more.
– Easily segment your customer base and target your most valuable customers.
– Plan and promote effective events
Improve your tenant mix
– Discover if your tenant mix is best suited to your catchment area
– Find out if any retailers are missing from your tenant mix
– Target new retailers most suited to your customer profile and catchment profile
– Attract compatible and sustainable tenants
– Forecast the success of prospective tenants
Data Collection Methods
Our data collection methods for town centres include:
– Customer surveys (hall tests, intercept surveys, shopper surveys and exit surveys)
– Telephone surveys
– Online surveys
– Postal surveys
– Focus groups or cluster groups
– Depth interviews
– Catchment analysis
– Footfall analysis
Our services include both one-off projects as well as ongoing projects lasting several years.
Town Centre Clients
We work for a range of clients in the town centre sector:
– Private companies
– Councils or local authorities
– Property developers
– Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
Our town centre council clients include Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council, Louth County Council, Newry, Mourne & Down Borough Council. Our Business Improvement District clients include the Cheltenham Business improvement District, Kensington and Chelsea business Improvement District and Belfast One.
Based in Northern Ireland, we operate across the UK and Ireland as well as in Europe and beyond. Whatever your needs are, we can tailor our town planning research services to meet your specific requirements.